Mobile Residential Locksmith
As a 24/7 Mobile Residential Locksmith, DNA Locksmith offers residential locksmith services when and where you need them. Whether you need your residential locks re-keyed, serviced, or even replaced, we have you covered. However, these are not the only services we offer. We offer many other services to help in situations that may come about when dealing with residential locks. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or quotes you may need. Keep in mind while searching for quotes the old saying, “if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is”.
We are located in Lady Lake and serve Fruitland Park, Leesburg, Mt. Dora, Eustis, Summerfield, Weirsdale, The Villages, Tavares, Oxford and surrounding areas. Since we are a 24/7 mobile locksmith, we bring our business to your home, when and where you need it. Some of the services we offer include:
- Locks Picked
- Deadbolts Installed to Improve Security
- Electronic Keypad Deadbolts Installed
- Master Keying
- Key Doors Alike
- Duplicate Keys
- Sliding Door Locks
- Keyless Door Locks Installed
- Install Door Locks
- Repair Door Locks
- Realtor Door Hanging Lockbox
– Rekeying a lock is the process of changing parts inside the lock to work with another key. This process voids the previous key used. The new key will be the only key that operates the lock. The locks themselves remain the same, they just work with a new key. Because we are a mobile residential locksmith, there is no need to remove all of your locks and leave your property unsecured, we will come out and take care of everything while you relax inside the comfort of your own home.
– Sometimes you may not have your spare available, have lost all your keys, or simply do not have access to a lock for what ever reason. These are the times we will pick the lock. When people think of picking locks they think of lockouts only usually. However, padlocks and interior locks that are inside a home may need picking as well. For example, you rent out part of your home and after the renter left, and they kept the keys. If the key(s) to the door are lost, we will pick the lock. People often lock up their shed or other buildings using padlocks, we can normally pick these as well. Also, we can decode and open or remove the 4 number dial combination lockbox that a realtor may have left behind.
– Deadbolts are a great way to add another layer of security to your home. With a proper install, they will provide a decent amount of kick in resistance to the door they are on. Sometimes deadbolts just need to be replaced because they are worn, not working, or just for aesthetic reasons.
– These are great if you are doing home automation or if you are looking for options other than just keys to open your door. These can come in many different options, some of them give the ability to see who entered by keeping up with an audit trail. They are also a great alternative to giving someone a key temporarily since you can just program a code and delete it later. This ensures that the person no longer has access to your home.
– Lockouts are pretty obvious. You return from a night out on the town or a day of shopping and when you get home, you realize you are not able to access your home because the keys are lost or misplaced. At this point, it is a good idea to have a mobile residential locksmith on hand or on call to get you back into your property.
– Just like the rekey, we change the parts inside the lock. The difference is that we add extra pins so that more than 1 key will operate the lock. In a master key system, you can have 1 key that opens every door and another that opens only 1 or 2 doors. For example, the pool guy might have a key that operates only the pool door, while your master key will operate the entire house and the pool door
– Keying locks alike is a rekey, but it is the idea that instead of multiple keys opening multiple doors around the house, the locks are rekeyed to use only 1 key for all locks around the home. This helps when it’s dark and you find yourself fumbling with keys to find the right one or if you would just like to thin down the key ring a bit.
– Duplicating keys is just that, making an exact copy of a working key. It is always a good idea to have a spare or two on hand.
– The number of ways someone can get into your sliding glass doors without putting a brick through the window is amazing. We can install sliding door locks to prevent these methods. These locks can also act as a primary lock or a lock to keep children from going outside near a pool or other dangerous situations.
– Sometimes the fears of people key bumping or picking your locks may persuade you to have keyless door locks installed. In doing this, you trade your keyhole for a battery and alternate method of unlocking the door like a pin code.
– When you replace a door, you need to install new locks. Sometimes the door locks just need to be replaced because they are worn, not working, or just for aesthetic reasons. As a mobile residential locksmith, it will be no problem for us to come take care of this for you.
– Sometimes latches get stuck which prevents the door from opening. This can happen for a few different reasons, either way it is now a potential safety concern and needs to be addressed. Locks may become loose over time, these should be tightened in order to prevent possible damage to the lock. Some locks like the Kwikset Smartkey will occasionally “forget” your key is supposed to work, sometimes we can fix this, but often they may fail and reach the end of their useful life. Not everything is repairable and at times locks just simply need to be replaced. I haven’t covered everything about door locks and repairs, feel free to give us a call or write us with any questions you have about your door’s hardware.
– The 4 digit combination locks that you find hanging on doors, usually when a house is listed for sale, may get left behind. If this happens and you do not know the combination, give us a call. We can decode, open, or remove the lockbox. Since we are a mobile residential locksmith, we have no problem coming to you to take care of this for you.
If you are looking for our commercial locksmith services, please click here